If you’ve been the victim of an auto accident, consult with our experienced injury law team today and let us take the burden off your shoulders.
To recover compensation for injuries sustained in an auto accident, you have to show that the defendant driver was careless or negligent. All motorists have a duty to exercise ordinary care when driving a motor vehicle and to be prudent on the roadway. Drivers breach or violate that duty of care when they speed, make unsafe lane changes, run red lights, or are otherwise careless. If the injured driver can show the accident caused the injuries sustained, then damages need to be proved so the parties can reach an appropriate settlement, or the case can be taken to trial.
There are cases where additional parties may have been a factor in the accident, such as a design defect in the roadway, poor or negligent road construction, an equipment failure such as steering or braking, or a defective auto part.
Unfortunately, there isn’t much data on this because it would be very difficult to calculate. Settlement amounts range from just a few thousand dollars to millions of dollars and depend entirely on the circumstances of the case. When trying to determine how much your case might be worth, it’s best to get a free consultation with an experienced attorney. We can review the details of your case, discuss your injuries, and talk to medical specialists to determine what your comparative fault may be and how much your case is likely to be worth.
Like any personal injury case, there’s no easy way to answer this question. Some auto accident cases are settled and resolved within just a few months. Others can take years to finish. Several factors can affect how long your auto accident claim may take; the extent of your injuries, the insurance company we’re dealing with, the opposing party’s level of cooperation, and more. Our goal is always to find you the best solution possible in the shortest amount of time possible by effectively negotiating with the insurance company and performing diligent, persuasive research on your case.
Arizona is actually a ‘comparative-fault’ state. If you were hit by a reckless or negligent driver, this may lead to recovery for you for what you lost. Comparative-fault means that the party responsible for the accident is also responsible for paying the damages. Or, to be more specific, their insurance company is responsible for paying the damages. Keep in mind, though, that comparative fault also means that fault can be shared between the parties involved. For example, if the court finds that you were 20% responsible for the accident, the other party will only owe you damages for 80% of your injuries.
While it is evident that alcohol and speeding are the most common causes of car accidents and fatalities, various other factors can lead to tragic consequences. Those include:
When disaster strikes on the road, you need professionals who have your best interest in mind – both financial and personal. Where most personal injury firms focus solely on the financial aspects, we at Nunez Law Firm prefers to focus on healing the whole person.