Facing a murder or homicide charge in Phoenix is incredibly serious. If you or somebody you care about is facing a murder charge, you need to seek assistance from a Phoenix murder defense attorney as soon as possible. At the Nunez Law Firm, PLLC, we are here to help when you need a murder or homicide defense attorney standing by your side. Our team will conduct a full investigation into your claim and stand by your side throughout this entire process.
Choose Nunez Law Firm, PLLC To Help You With This Case
When you are facing any kind of homicide charge, you need to turn to a team with the experience to get you through this. Let our Phoenix criminal defense lawyers at the Nunez Law Firm help you today.
- Let us bring more than two decades of handling complicated criminal charges to your side.
- We are devoted to being honest partners with you throughout your case and we promise that you will receive regular communications and updates about your situation.
- We treat every client with the respect and dignity they deserve. Our firm believes that everybody has the right to skilled in qualified legal representation when they were facing murder charges.
Murder Charges In Phoenix And Their Penalties
There are various types of homicide charges that a person can face in Phoenix. Here are a few examples of the charges that prosecutors have available to use:
- Manslaughter. This is a lesser charge than murder and is generally applied if it is believed that the defendant’s actions were reckless and that these reckless actions caused another person’s death. This is a class 2 felony punishable by anywhere from 4 to 10 years in prison.
- Negligent homicide. This charge could apply if a defendant kills someone else due to their allegedly criminally negligent actions. This is a class 4 felony, and a person could face a punishment of 1.5 to 4 years in prison.
- Second-degree murder. This charge would apply if a prosecutor determines that a defendant allegedly intentionally killed someone, but without premeditation. This is a class 1 felony, and a person could face anywhere from 10 to 25 years in prison.
- First-degree murder. This charge would apply if prosecutors believe that a person intentionally killed somebody else and that their actions were pre-meditated. This is a class 1 felony and punishable by life in prison or death.
- Vehicular homicide and manslaughter. These charges have the same basic elements as murder in manslaughter, though they are applied to various incidents involving vehicle-related issues (driving under the influence, driving while distracted, reckless driving, excessive speeding, etc.).
If you or somebody you love has been charged or is under investigation for homicide, you need to invoke your right to remain silent and request a Phoenix murder defense lawyer as soon as possible. Answering any questions could end up harming your defense.
What Will An Attorney Do To Help With A Murder Or Homicide Charge?
You must secure an attorney to defend you if you are charged with murder. Please understand that a public defender will be very overworked and will not have as much time to spend on your case that you need. A Phoenix homicide attorney can:
- Devote their resources to uncovering all evidence being used against you.
- Build a multi-faceted and vigorous defense on your behalf.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to ensure you are treated fairly, face the proper charges, and are sentenced appropriately.
Contact Us For A Consultation Immediately
If you or somebody you love is facing a homicide or murder charge in Phoenix, you need to speak to an attorney today. There are various murder and homicide charges in Arizona, but you need assistance from an attorney regardless of the charge you are facing. At the Nunez Law Firm, PLLC, our knowledgeable and experienced team will stand by your side and vigorously defend you against these charges. When you need a Phoenix murder or homicide defense attorney, you can contact us to start building a strong defense for your case.